Kevin Donovan began his career at the Toronto Sun as an intern in 1985 and has since built a 38-year career in investigative journalism, currently serving as the Chief Investigative Reporter for The Star. He studied political science at the University of Western, Ontario, but discovered a passion for journalism through his involvement with the school newspaper.
In 2015, Kevin Donovan was recognized as one of the 50 most influential people in Toronto, ranking at #39. He has also received numerous awards for his work throughout his career.
In this episode of The Pressrow, Jonah talks with Kevin about:
- Kevin’s start in the journalism world
- Getting into investigative journalism
- Making relationships with the police to get better stories
- The Carlton University story
- The pivot in investigative journalism
- The Sherman Case