This is Superlative: A Podcast about watches, the people behind them, and the worlds that inspire them. This week our host Ariel Adams is joined by the CEO of the Timex Group Luxury Division, Paolo Marai. They start the show talking about Paolo’s experience in the watch industry, how the two have seen the industry evolve over the years, and how they see the the luxury watch’s stability as a luxury product. They talk about major fashion houses developing watches, and what it is like being a third party developer of these products for major fashion brands. They talk about processes that worked in direct to consumer but don’t seem to work in retail, how his team has been affected by current manufacturing shortages, and some of his designs that he is most proud of. Ariel asks Paolo his favorite price point of watches to design, why the Timex Luxury group is only making licensed third party watches for brands as opposed to in-house watches currently, and the future of the luxury watch industry when it comes to sustainability.
To stay updated with Paolo and The Timex Group Luxury Division:
– Insta @TimexGroupLuxuryDivision – https://www.instagram.com/TimexGroupLuxuryDivision/
– Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/TimexGroupLuxuryDivision/
– Website – https://www.timexgroupluxurydivision.com/
To check out the ABTW Shop where you can see our products inspired by our love of Horology:
– Shop ABTW – https://store.ablogtowatch.com/
To keep updated with everything Superlative and aBlogtoWatch, check us out on:
– Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ablogtowatch/
– Twitter – https://twitter.com/ABLOGTOWATCH
– Website – https://www.ablogtowatch.com/
If you enjoy the show please Subscribe, Rate, and Review!