Former UCLA linebacker Josh Woods and Orange County Register reporter James H. Williams discuss the addition of cornerbacks coach Kodi Whitfield to Chip Kelly’s coaching staff at UCLA.
Whitfield is already out on the recruiting trail for the Bruins and could be a valuable asset as a younger coach representing the Bruins in the same fashion as wide receivers coach Jerry Neuheisel and running back coach DeShaun Foster.
Woods and Williams also discuss the end-of-the-year banquet awards and the five Bruins participating in the East-West Shrine Bowl.
Several Bruins have created some buzz and improved their draft stock throughout the week. All five started for their respective teams and played significantly throughout the game.
– QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson (West/Patriots)
– WR Jake Bobo (West/Patriots)
– WR Kazmier Allen (West/Patriots)
– OL Atonio Mafi (West/Patriots)
– OL Jon Gaines (East/Falcons)
Thompson-Robinson was named UCLA’s all-time career passing yards leader (10,710 yards) after a stat correction made with the Sun Bowl game stats vs. Pitt. Cade McNown was the previous record holder, after throwing for 10,708 yards during his four-year career (1995-98).
Here’s where DTR finished in the program’s record book:
- Career Passing Yards – FIRST with 10,710
- Career Quarterback Rushing Yards – FIRST with 1,826
- Career Total Touchdowns – FIRST with 116 (88 pass, 28 rush)
- Career Total Offense – FIRST with 12,536 yards (1,826 rush yards and 10,710 pass yards on 1,830 plays)
- Career Completions – FIRST with 860
- Career Touchdown Passes – FIRST with 88
- Career Quarterback Starts – FIRST with 48
- Career Starts – tied for SECOND with Spencer Havner (2002-05) with 48
Interact with us:
Josh and James want your feedback and reactions to what you heard on the podcast. Feel free to share your thoughts with them:
Josh Woods – Twitter | Instagram
James H. Williams –Twitter | Instagram
Follow the show’s Twitter account – @BleavUCLA